India eVisa Benefits for Australians
The India e-Visa application allows Australian citizens to:
- Apply for a visa from India from the comfort of your own home in just a few minutes
- Upload supporting documents in paper form
- Receive an approved e-Visa sent by email, removing the need to make an appointment to collect a document from an embassy or consulate
- Pay the e-Visa fee through a secure online system using a credit/debit card
- Gain expedited entry to India upon arrival at a border checkpoint simply by presenting a copy of the approved e-Visa.
Additionally, the online Indian visa for Australians allows the holder to enter India through any of the following air or seaports:
Seaports: Chennai, Cochin, Goa, Mangalore, Mumbai.
Airports: Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi, Visakhapatnam.
Moreover, holders of an India e-Visa for Australian citizens are able to exit India through any authorized checkpoint.
However, those who wish to enter India on a cruise from Australia should note that they may only do so through the Cochin, Goa, and Mangalore seaports with an approved e-Visa.
India eVisa Requirements for Australian Citizens
- Applicant must submit the online India eVisa Application form
- Applicant must possess a Valid Passport which is valid for at least six months on the expected date of arrival in India
- Applicant must have a valid email address to receive the updates and India eVisa Approval letter
- Debit/Credit Card to make EVisa fees payment online
- Each applicant must also submit a recent passport-style color photo that meets the following requirements:
- The applicant’s face must be clearly visible
- The photograph must have a white background
- The photograph must be in focus
- The applicant’s head must be centered
- The photograph must show the applicant’s head from the crown to the tip of the chin
- Each applicant must submit individually each form for themselves
- No need to print your India e-Visa visa copy, but we recommend that you keep the electronic copy in your mobile device
Applicant’s Personal Information Requirements
Each applicant must need to submit the below details in the application form accurately,
- Full name as it appears on the passport
- Date and place of birth
- Address and contact info
- Passport details
- Marital status
- Profession or occupation
- Details of stay: places to be visited while in India
- Expected port of entry
- Educational Qualification