India E-Visa Application Form for Washington USA Citizens
Urgent India Visa for USA Citizens: In order to be eligible for the Tourist e-Visa for India you need to meet the eligibility conditions for e-Visa for India for US Citizens mentioned below. Other than those you might also be asked to provide proof of stay in India.
US Washington Citizens traveling to India for tourism and sightseeing can do so by applying for the Indian Tourist Visa for US Citizens online. This Visa allows you to stay for no more than 180 days in the country and can be used only on a non-commercial trip, not a commercial one. But apart from tourism, the Tourist e-Visa can also be used by US citizens if they want to come to India to attend a short-term Yoga Programme, or take a course that will last no more than 6 months and will grant no degree or diploma certificate, or for partaking in volunteer work that will not exceed the duration of 1 month. The India e Visa US Citizens for Tourism is available in three forms:
- The 30-Day India Tourist Visa, allows the visitor to stay in the country for 30 days from the date of entry into the country and is a Double Entry Visa, which means that you can enter the country twice within the period of the Visa’s validity. This Visa has a Date of Expiry mentioned on it but this is the date before which you must enter the country, not the one before which you must exit the country. The date of exit will only be determined by the date of your entry into the country and will be 30 days after the said date.
- The 1-Year India Tourist Visa, is valid for 365 days from the date of issue of the e-Visa. This Visa’s validity is determined by the date of its issue, not the date of the visitor’s entry into the country. Moreover, it is a Multiple Entry Visa, which means that you can enter the country multiple times within the period of its validity.
- The 5-Year India Tourist Visa is valid for 5 years from the date of its issue and it is also a Multiple Entry Visa.
Indian Visa from the USA for Business
US Citizens who wish to visit India for Business or Trade purposes can do so by applying for the Indian Business Visa for US Citizens online. These purposes include the selling or buying of goods and services in India, attending business meetings such as technical meetings or sales meetings, set up industrial or business ventures, conducting tours, delivering lectures, recruiting workers, participating in trade and business fairs and exhibitions, and coming to the country as an expert or specialist for some commercial project.
This Visa allows you to stay in the country only for 180 days at a time but it is valid for one year or 365 days and is a Multiple Entry Visa, which means that although you can only stay for 180 days at one time in the country you can enter the country multiple times for as long as the e-Visa is valid.
Other than the general requirements for e Visa for India for US Citizens mentioned above you need details of the Indian organization or trade fair or exhibition that the traveler will be visiting, including the name and address of an Indian reference, the website of the Indian company that the traveler will be visiting, the invitation letter from the Indian company, and the business card or email signature as well as the website address of the visitor.
Know your purpose to visit India but not limited to:
- Attending any short-term course/retreat in India.
- Attending any private or public conference/seminar in India.
- Sightseeing/casual visit to meet friends and relatives,
- Any voluntary work not involving any monetary payment,
- Medical treatment including any treatment under Indian systems of medicine.
Steps to Apply for e visa
Washington USA Citizens Online Application Form: Your eVisa application is an easy online process. For the India eVisa application, Fill Online form on the website. The application process is a simple four-step process. To make your application process simple, keep all the necessary documents ready.
How Long Does an American Application Take To Be Approved?
The usual time for the approval of the Indian e-Visa application of an American citizen is 3-4 business days, which can extend up to 7 business days at most. The latter case is when there is a public holiday in India at the time of application.
However, approval is subject to the correctness of data that the applicant provides on the Indian Visa Application form online. This includes their name, surname, and date of birth, and the applicant must also have followed all the steps correctly.
The applicant must also submit additional documents such as a business card (for an e-Business Visa) or a letter from the relevant hospital (for an e-Medical Visa) at the time of application.