Indian e-Visa Application Process
The Indian e-Visa application process, as per the rules of the Government of India is online, quite simple and only takes a few minutes to complete. Here is where you will get all the details about it.
Applying for Indian Visa offline was not a very comfortable experience, as one had to deal with paperwork, visiting the Indian embassy more than once, and so on.
Now that the e-Visa for India is available, you can save a lot of time as the entire process can be completed from your PC.
We have made it further easy for you to apply for Indian Visa online by not only providing the application form but also all the information that you need.
No matter the kind of visit (recreational, business or medical) or type of e-Visa you need, you may apply right here.
Types of Indian e-Visa
- e-Tourist Visa
- e-Business Visa
- e-Medical Visa
- e-Medical Attendant Visa
General Eligibility Criteria That You Must Know Before Proceeding To The Online Indian Visa Application Form
For anyone willing to apply for Indian Visa, there are certain eligibility criteria. Take a look at these mentioned below, and if you are eligible, you can proceed to fill up the online Indian Visa application form.
- The India e-Visa is supported by 180+ countries (mentioned on our website). To apply for it, you have to be a citizen of any of these countries.
- You can only visit India with a purpose related to tourism, business or medicinal treatment.
- You will have to enter and exit the country only through the authorized Immigration Check Posts that are present in 28 airports and 5 seaports.
- Depending on the type of Indian e-Visa you apply for, there can be additional requirements.
- Make sure that you have all the documents and information needed in the e-Visa application ready with you. Read more about India’s e-Visa document requirements here.
General Documents Needed When You Apply For Indian e-Visa
- An electronic or scanned copy of the first (biographical) page of your passport. Only a standard Passport is allowed, and it also must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of your entry into India. If it isn’t, you have to renew your passport.
- A copy of your recent passport-style colour photo (only of the face, can be captured with a phone), a working email address, and a debit or credit card for paying the application fees.
- A valid return or onward ticket out of India
As we said, alongside the general requirements, there are some additional ones involved with certain types of Indian e-Visa. Read more about them on the dedicated sections of our website.
Indian e-Visa Application Process
Once you have the needed documents and the eligibility criteria are fulfilled, you can go ahead and apply for the Indian e-Visa online. The process doesn’t require you to visit the Indian embassy.
The application may take 3-4 days to be approved, so it is safest that you apply at least 4-7 days ahead of your flight to India.
Once you receive the Indian e-Visa on your email, you can travel to India through a supported airport or seaport.
The entire application process is given below in easy, simple steps:
- Fill up and submit the Indian Visa Application Form online.
- Provide personal details, Passport details, character and past criminal offence details. Take special care so that the details from your Passport exactly match the ones you enter manually in the application form.
- Upload a passport-style picture of your face, which should be following the rules set by the Government of India. The entire Indian e-Visa photo requirements can be found here.
- Next, make payment using the currency of any of the supported 135 countries. You can use a credit card, debit card, or Paypal for it.
- After the payment, usually details about your family, parents, and spouse are asked. And depending on the purpose of your visit and the kind of e-Visa you apply for, some more details would be needed.
- For the Tourist e-Visa, you may be asked to show proof that you have sufficient money to fund your trip and stay in India.
- For the Business e-Visa, you have to submit a copy of your business card or email signature, and website address, details about the Indian organization that has invited you or whom you want to visit.
- For the Medical e-Visa, you have to provide a letter from the Indian hospital you are to be getting the medical treatment. Also, you may have to provide some more information about them.
- For the Medical Attendant e-Visa, you have to provide the details of the Medical Visa holder that you want to accompany.
A secure link would be sent to your email, and you have to provide all of the information there.
In most cases, the decision regarding a Visa is made within 3-to 4 days. Once approved, you will get your e-Visa online. You will have to carry a soft copy or a print of this e-Visa with you to the airport.
Applying For An Indian e-Visa Is Easy
As we said and you can now see for yourself that the Indian e-Visa application process is nothing too difficult. But it is fine to have queries, and that is what our help desk is for.
Contact us at India E visa for any assistance or further information about Indian e-Visa.