Indian e-Visa Document Requirements
When applying for the Indian e-Visa, the applicant has to submit copies of certain documents as per the laid down rules. Unless you have the proper documents, you would not be able to complete your Indian e-Visa application process, or it may not be approved.
The document requirements are similar, no matter the reason for your visit to India or the e-Visa you apply for.
However, there are special requirements for certain Visas that are needed alongside the general documents, which have also been mentioned later.
An electronic or scanned copy of the first (biographical) page of the applicant’s passport.
A copy of the applicant’s recent passport-style colour photograph (only of the face, those taken with a phone are also suitable). Take a look at Indian e-Visa photo requirements for more details.
Then, a working email address, and a debit card or a credit card for the payment of the application fees are also necessary.
An onward or return ticket that the applicant would use to travel out of India.
While filling in the application form for the Indian e-Visa, the following details must be precisely the same as the ones present on the applicant’s passport:
- Full name
- Date and place of birth
- Passport number
What Are The Special Document Requirements For Indian e-Visa?
Now here are some of the special document requirements that one would need to submit with general documents and the e-Visa application form, depending on the kind of Visa:
For e-Tourist Visa
You would be asked a few questions that are to determine your eligibility for the Indian e-Visa. These are related to your current employment status and whether you can finance your trip.
For e-Business Visa
- An invitation letter from the Indian organization concerned.
- Details of the trade fair/ exhibition that the applicant is supposed to attend, as well as those of an Indian reference.
- Business card or email signature as well as a website address.
- If the applicant is to deliver a lecture under the Global Initiative for Academic Network (GIAN), then he/she must also submit the invitation letter from the Indian Institute that wants the applicant to appear as faculty.
- Other documents needed are a copy of the sanction letter under GAIN as well those that specify the synopsis of courses that the applicant is to take up as a faculty of the institute hosting the event.
For e-Medical Visa
- A letter on the official letterhead of the Indian medical facility from which the applicant is seeking medical treatment.
- The applicant may also need to answer questions about the concerned medical facility that he/she is visiting in India
For e-Medical Attendant Visa
Name, Visa number (or application id) and other relevant details like DOB, passport number and nationality of the Medical Visa holder whom the applicant is attending.
For e-Conference Visa
Political clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India. Optionally, event clearance from the Ministry of Home Affairs under the Government may also be needed.
Requirements For Visitors From Yellow Fever Affected Countries
Applicants who are citizens or visitors of a country affected by Yellow Fever, have to show a relevant Vaccination Card. The following are the listed countries:
Countries in Africa
- Burkina Faso
- The central African Republic
- Cote d’ Ivoire
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- The Gambia
- Guinea Bissau
- Sierra Leone
- South Sudan
Countries in South America
- French Guyana
- Trinidad (Trinidad only)
Once you have the necessary documents ready, simply submit them along with the filled up e-Visa application form. But make sure all of this is done at least 4-7 days before your date of journey.