Indian e-Visa Requirements for Frence Citizens
Eligibility for Indian e-Visa
- A citizen of France may apply for the Indian e-Visa
- France citizens have been eligible to apply since the Indian e-Visa program was launched
- Indian e-Visa ensures the France citizens quicker entry to India
Other Requirements for e-Visa
- Citizens of France can apply online for an Indian e-Visa
- Only designated seaports and airports allow entry through Indian e-Visa
- Indian e-Tourist Visa can be valid for a month, 1 year or 5 years
- Indian e-Business Visa is valid for 12 months
- A France citizen may also apply for an Indian e-Medical Visa online
How Can France Citizens Complete the Indian e-Visa Application Process?
It is since 2014 the Indian Visa for France citizens is available online, and this Indian Visa online application process, compared to the regular one is simpler and quicker.
The Government of India has set up a procedure, following which France citizen can obtain their Indian e-Visa from this website.
The procedure is rather simple, and one only has to fill up and submit the Indian Online Visa application form and make payment.
The payment options are Debit/Credit cards or Paypal, and as many as 137 currencies are supported.
This official travel document allows a France citizen to visit India for purposes such as medical visits, business reasons, tourism, Yoga courses as well as humanitarian purposes and other deals and exchanges.
However, in case we require additional documents from you such as your passport copy, we would be informing you about it. These you may send via mail or upload directly. For further assistance, our Indian e-Visa helpdesk is available.
The Indian Government allows France citizens to apply for the Indian e-Visa for visits for up to 90 days in the country.
Do France Citizens Need to Visit the Indian Embassy?
When you apply for Indian Visa from France, you don’t have to visit the Indian embassy or consulate regarding the process. You’d receive the Indian e-Visa in your email, after which you can travel to the airport.
Since you don’t need any confirmation or stamp on your passport, there is no need for you to visit the Embassy.
The data of the applicants such as name, passport number and nationality on the Indian Visa Online are stored on the Computer systems of the Government of India. Immigration officials from any Airport in the world can access it.
However, applicants from France are suggested to carry a softcopy or a print (both would be better) of the Indian e-Visa.
Do France Citizens Need To Courier Documents to The Indian Embassy?
In this online Indian Visa online application process, France citizens do not have to visit the Indian embassy physically.
But when a query is made by the Immigration officials or the Government of India about the Indian e-Visa, they can send any additional documents through email.
You may also upload any documents necessary to support your e-Visa application. We would send the link to upload these to an email address, which is the one you specify on the e-Visa application form.
Our helpdesk also accepts direct emails regarding the matter.
How Can We Assist France Citizens When They Apply For Indian e-Visa?
We offer France citizens assistance in everything related to the Indian Visa Online application from our website. But the major benefit that they get is that they can submit the necessary documents for their Indian Visa application either by emailing us or by uploading them to the portal.
You may email those documents in any file format such as JPG, JPEG, TIG, PNG, AI and so on to our team. This saves you time and effort and if you are not accustomed to converting or compressing the files, it is additionally convenient.
An Indian visa application can be rejected due to blurry/bad photographs or passport scanned copies, so this is a huge benefit.
You can know more about the document specifications set by the Government of India for the France citizens, by clicking here.
Also, more information about the photograph and passport requirements can be accessed from the Indian e-Visa photograph requirements and Indian e-Visa passport requirements.
Can a France Passport Holder Apply For Indian e-Business Visa?
Alongside an Indian e-Business visa for business purposes, one can apply for Indian Visa from France if they have tourism or medical purposes in India.
For more information on Indian Visa Online for business purposes, take a look at Indian e-Business Visa.
How Long Does a France Application Take to Be Approved?
France citizens that complete the e-Visa application process properly, can expect to know whether their application has been accepted, within 3-4 business days.
Now if they have followed the guidelines, and given correct information such as their date of birth name, surname, etc. on their Indian Visa Application form online, only then would they receive the Indian e-Visa.
Depending on the correctness of the information they provide and the presence of public holidays in India at the time they are applying, it can take up to 7 days.
All France applicants must submit additional documents too such as a letter from a hospital for the e-Medical Visa or a business card as required in the e-Business Visa.
No matter the kind, standard documents such as a scanned copy of the applicant’s passport or a photograph of their face, etc. are also needed.
What Are the Advantages of Indian e-Visa That Citizens of France Can Enjoy?
France citizens get several advantages when they apply for Indian Visa online. These are:
- A France citizen can get an Indian Visa online valid for up to 5 years, though it depends on the kind of Visa they apply for
- An e-Visa allows a France citizen to enter India multiple times as long as it is valid
- Your Indian e-Visa permits you to stay in India continuously for up to 180 days, and enter uninterruptedly. (Only the citizens of a few countries like the UK and France enjoy this facility, while other nationalities are granted the permission to stay continuously for a maximum of 90 days).
- There are only 5 seaports and 28 airports other than the land-based immigration checkpoints that allow visitors entry through Indian Visa online.
- The Indian Visa online grants permission to a France citizen to enter all the states and Union territories of India.
- France citizens can use the Indian Visa online to travel to India for medical, business, and tourism purposes.
Limitations of Indian e-Visa For France Citizens
For those concerned about the limitations of the Indian e-Visa, here they are:
- Under the rules of Indian e-Visa, a France citizen must not pursue journalism, filmmaking or such university degrees in India. They are not permitted to join any long term paid work either.
- The Indian Visa Online does not allow any France citizen passage restricted or military/cantonment areas. If the Visa holder is interested in visiting them, they would require separate permission.
What Should a France Citizen Know When Arriving In India on e-Visa?
We provide all the major information about the Indian e-Visa to the travellers through our website. However, France citizens applying for it should know a few more things so that they don’t face any inconvenience or harassment.
Any France Citizen travelling to India on an Indian e-Visa has to respect the strict laws of the nation. If they exceed their stay by as much as 90 days, a fine of 300 dollars is imposed on them by the Indian government.
Similarly, when someone exceeds their stay by up 2 years or more, they are fined 500 dollars.
The Government of India can utilize legal ways to impose and execute these penalties. More importantly, when anyone extends their stay without a valid Indian Visa India, it harms their reputation.
This makes it tough for them to apply for visas for other countries in the future.
Take a Printout of the Indian e-Visa
France citizens are advised to carry a printout as well, albeit the supported immigration checkpoints accept a soft copy of the Indian e-Visa.
Then they would have secondary proof in case the soft copy on their mobile or computer is inaccessible for any reason.
Make It Certain That Passport Has At least Two Blank pages
Regarding the Indian e-Visa application process, France Citizens are never asked by the Government of India to get their physical passport stamped. Instead, they might only be asked for the scanned copy of their passport’s first page.
However, 2 empty pages must be available on the France applicant’s passport. This is because Immigration officers would stamp them when the applicant is identified at an Indian airport or seaport.
A passport Must Be Valid for at At least 6 Months
The applicant’s travel document (an ordinary passport) must be valid for 6 months at a minimum on the date they apply for an Indian Visa.
What Is the Application Process for Indian e-Visa That France Citizens Are To Follow?
Following are the steps that summarize the Indian e-Visa application process for France citizens:
- They must fill up and submit the easy and simple Indian Visa application form which would only take around 3-5 minutes.
- They have to pay for their application in any of the 137 supported currencies. Various modes of payment are available for them too.
- France citizens must submit additional documents that the Government of India demands from them. Our team would inform them when a query for those documents is received.
- You have to wait until you get the approved Indian e-Visa on your email
- Once you receive it, feel free to travel to any France or foreign airport.
- France applicants do not have to visit the Indian Embassy.
- When applying the applicants don’t need to get their passport stamped.
- Immigration officers from any airport in the world can access the data of the Indian e-Visa as it is stored in computer systems.
- You must begin your travel only when you receive the approved Indian e-Visa on your email id.
What Should a France Citizen Do Once They Receive Their Approved Indian e-Visa via email?
When a France citizen receives an electronic Visa for India on their email, they are to download the PDF attachment. And alongside this soft copy of the Indian Visa online, they are to carry a printout of the same as well.
As mentioned already, there are no stamping formalities or any need to visit the Indian embassy or consulate.
Is An Indian Visa For France Citizens Needed If They Arrive Via Cruise Ship?
Indian e-Visa is still important even when a France citizen arrives in India via a cruise ship.
The following seaports acknowledge it:
The Top 10 Places of Interest In India For France Citizens
- Kesaria Stupa, Kesaria
- Rani Ki Vav, Patan
- Cellular Jail, Port Blair
- City Palace, Jaipur
- Mysore Palace, Mysore
- Gwalior Fort, Gwalior
- Lingaraja Temple Complex, Khurda
- The Ridge, Shimla
- Qila Mubarak, Bhatinda
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalay, Mumbai