India e-Visa Requirements for Russian Citizens
Eligibility for Indian e-Visa
- Russian citizens can apply for an Indian e-Visa online
- Russian citizens enjoy the facility since the Indian e-Visa program was launched
- Russian citizens can enter India faster with the help of the Indian e-Visa
Other Requirements for e-Visa
- Russian citizens can apply for online Indian e-Visa
- Entry with the Indian e-Visa is allowed at certain airports and seaports only
- Indian e-Tourist Visa is available for 1 month, 1 year or 5 years
- Indian e-Business Visa is valid for 12 months
- One can also apply for an Indian e-Medical Visa online
How Can Russian Citizens Complete the Indian e-Visa Application Process?
The facility of an Indian Visa for Russian passport holders in the electronic form has been available since 2014. Russian citizens do not have to go through any paper-based formalities in the Indian Visa online application process.
Through our website, they may apply for their Indian e-Visa by following the process and rules that the Government of India has mandated regarding the Indian e-Visa.
Through the official document Indian e-Visa, Russian citizens can travel to India for reasons like conferences or meetings, medical visits, tourism, yoga courses, workshops, humanitarian missions and so on.
The Indian e-Visa also allows some other business-related visits.
An applicant can their an Indian Visa from Russia online and pay for the process in the Russian ruble or any of the other 135 currencies, through a Debit/Credit card or PayPal.
The payment has to be submitted alongside the correctly filled Indian Online Visa application form. The entire process only takes a few minutes, and once done, you get your Indian e-Visa by email.
However, we may also require additional documents, and Russian applicants would be informed about the same.
For further assistance, you may contact our Indian e-Visa helpdesk.
The Indian Government allows Russian citizens to apply for the Indian e-Visa for visits for up to 90 days in the country.
Do Russian Citizens Need to Visit the Indian Embassy?
When an applicant applies for an Indian Visa from Russia, they do not have to visit the Indian embassy or consulate, as the process is online.
They can travel to India without having to visit the Indian embassy for any confirmation or a stamp on their passport, as long as they have received the Indian e-Visa in their email.
Data on the Indian Visa online such as the applicant’s name, passport number and nationality, etc are accessible by Immigration officials from any Airport in the world. These are recorded in the Computer systems of the Government of India.
It would be best that the applicants from Russia carry both a softcopy and a print of the Indian e-Visa.
Do Russian Citizens Have To Courier Documents to The Indian Embassy?
Russian citizens do not have to courier any documents required for their Indian Visa application. Now in case, the Government of India or its Immigration officers make a query regarding the Indian e-Visa, you can send any additional documents through email.
You may also upload such documents on our website to support your e-Visa application. You would get the link to upload any documents to the email address that you specify on the e-Visa application form.
Also, any applicant from Russia may email us directly on our helpdesk.
How Can We Assist Russian Citizens When They Apply For Indian e-Visa?
Russian citizens can enjoy a host of benefits when applying for Indian Visa online from our website. The most significant one is that they have the scope of sending additional documents for their Indian Visa application either via email or by uploading to the portal.
You can save time and effort by emailing us your documents in any file format such as JPEG, TIG, JPG, PNG, AI etc. This way, you do not have to get into the compressing or converting of files to the needed format.
Blurry/bad photograph or passport scanned copy can result in the rejection of an Indian visa application, and so this is a major benefit.
The Indian e-Visa document requirements have more info about the kinds of documents the Government of India requires from Russian citizens.
Similarly, the Indian e-Visa photograph requirements and Indian e-Visa passport requirements can also provide additional information on the obvious topics.
Can a Russian Passport Holder Apply For Indian e-Business Visa?
Yes, applicants are allowed to apply for Indian Visa from Russia if their visit to India is for business purposes. Those who are visiting for tourism or medical needs are also allowed.
For information on business-related visits to India, click on the Indian e-Business Visa.
How Soon Can a Russian Application Be Approved?
Russian citizens, to get an approved Indian e-Visa, must follow all the guidelines of the Indian Visa Application form online and provide correct information like their date of birth name, surname, etc. in it.
Upon completion and payment, they can expect to get a decision on their application in 3-4 business days.
That can take up to 7 days too, depending on the correctness of the information submitted and the presence of public holidays in India at the time they have applied.
Also, as an applicant, one must submit additional documents as well such as a business card that is a prerequisite of the e-Business Visa, or a letter from a hospital as needed to apply for an e-Medical Visa.
Needed on top of these are the standard documents such as a scanned copy of the applicant’s Russian passport or a photograph of the applicant’s face, etc.
What Are the Advantages of Indian e-Visa That Citizens of Russia Can Enjoy?
- Russian citizens can obtain an Indian Visa online valid for up to 5 years, based on the kind of visa they apply for.
- Russian citizens can enter India multiple times using the e-Visa, as long as it is valid.
- The Indian e-Visa allows them to stay in India continuously for up to 180 days, and enjoy uninterrupted entry in India. While only a few countries like US and Russia enjoy this facility, only 90 days are allowed for visitors from other nations.
- 28 airports and 5 seaports, other than land-based immigration checkpoints are where the visitors entering with Indian Visa online are allowed.
- The Indian Visa online allows entry in all states and Union territories of India.
- The Indian e-Visa allows the citizens of Russia to visit India for Medical, Tourism and Business purposes.
Limitations of Indian e-Visa For Russian Citizens
Russian citizens, while being allowed to enjoy the advantages, are also bound by certain limitations of the Indian e-Visa.
- A Russian citizen cannot pursue journalism, filmmaking and more such university degrees in India or get employed in any long term paid work.
- The Indian Visa Online does not allow Russian citizens to enter restricted or military/cantonment areas in India. They must secure separate permission for these from the Indian Government.
What Should A Russian Citizen Know When Arriving In India on e-Visa?
On our website, we provide all the major information about the Indian e-Visa to the travellers. However, here are a few more things that can help avoid any inconvenience, and Russian citizens should also be aware of these.
Russian Citizens travelling to India are to respect the strict laws there. A fine of 300 dollars is imposed by the Indian government on any Indian e-Visa holder exceeding their stay by as much as 90 days.
Similarly, when anyone exceeds their stay by 2 up to years, they are fined 500 dollars.
Regarding these penalties and their payment, the Government of India can utilize legal ways. Moreover, when anyone extends their stay in India even though their Visa doesn’t allow them to, they harm their reputation.
This can make it difficult for them when they try to apply for visas to travel to other countries in the future.
Take a Printout of the Indian e-Visa
While the supported immigration checkpoints accept a soft copy of the Indian e-Visa, Russian citizens are advised to carry a printout as well that can act as secondary proof.
This is helpful when the device that has the softcopy of the e-Visa is damaged or has run out of battery.
Ensure Passport Has At least Two Blank pages
During the Indian e-Visa application process, the Government of India never demands Russian Citizens to get their physical passport stamped. Instead, they are only required to submit a scanned copy of the passport’s first page.
But 2 empty pages must be available on the Russian applicant’s passport so that Immigration officers can stamp them during the applicant’s identification at an Indian airport.
A passport Must Be Valid for at At least 6 Months
Your travel document (which is an ordinary passport) should be valid for 6 months at a minimum on the date you apply for an Indian Visa.
What Is the Application Process for Indian e-Visa That Russian Citizens Are To Follow?
Russian citizens to get their Indian e-Visa, have to follow the simple steps mentioned below:
- Fill up and submit the simple Indian Visa application form which takes only around 3-5 minutes.
- Pay in any of the 137 supported currencies, through the available payment option
- Russian citizens should also submit any additional documents that the Government of India requires from them. Our team would inform you when any such documents have been demanded.
- Wait until you receive an approved Indian e-Visa on your email
- Once you get it, you can travel to an airport.
- Russian Applicants aren’t required to visit the Indian Embassy.
- Applicants don’t need a stamp on their passport when applying
- Computer systems record the Indian e-Visa, and Immigration officers from any airport in the world can access that data
- You should only travel when you receive an approved Indian e-Visa on your email id.
What Should a Russian Citizen Do Once They Receive Their Approved Indian e-Visa via email?
When the relevant authorities approve the Indian e-Visa of a Russian citizen, we would inform them about it through an email.
You’d find a PDF attachment that contains your online Visa for India which you must carry to the airport on your phone/tablet/mobile. You may also print it out and carry a hard copy.
As you don’t need any confirmation stamps for your Indian Visa online, you can travel to the airport from which you have a flight scheduled after you receive the Indian e-Visa on your email.
Is An Indian Visa For Russian Citizens Needed If They Arrive Via Cruise Ship?
Yes, an Indian Visa is needed when you arrive in India on a cruise ship from Russia. Here are the seaports where it is valid.
The Top 10 Places In India For Russian Citizens To Visit
- Tea Plantations in Kerala
- The Red Fort, Delhi
- Jaisalmer Fort, Jaisalmer
- Tughlaqabad Fort, Delhi
- Munnar Hills, Idukki
- Dharamshala, Kangra
- Gir National Park, Junagarh
- Bishnupur Temples, Bankura
- Valley of Flowers, Nainital
- Sailani Tapu